Patrons and President
Rights and Humanity benefits greatly from the inspiration and involvement of our International Patrons:
- His Holiness The Dalai Lama, Nobel Laureate, Tibet
- His Grace Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, Nobel Laureate, South Africa
- His Royal Highness Prince El Hassan bin Talal, Jordan
- Dadi Janki, Head, Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University, India
- Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks
- Mrs Cherie Blair, Patron of our Women’s Human Rights and Empowerment Network, WHEN!
Past Patrons were:
- The Late Professor Dorothy Hodgkin, Nobel Laureate, U.K. (d. 1994)
- The Late Dame Nita Barrow, Governor General, Barbados (d. 1996)
- The Late Dom Helder Camara, Archbishop Emeritus Olinde and Recife, Brazil (d. 1999)
Rights and Humanity’s President
- Julia Häusermann, MBE, the Founder of Rights and Humanity, remains the driving force behind our work and serves as President.